Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Time for WATERMELON at For Fun Challenges

Happy hump-day folks! Time for the latest challenge over at FOR FUN and this week we want to see....

WATERMELON

That's the FRUIT, and NOT the colours, just so you know.

We are delighted to welcome back the super sponsor MELJENS again this week, with a prize of 4 digis of the winner's choice!
The DT were lucky enough to get the chance to use some of their wonderful images....here's what I made:

It's a shaker card! Don't you just LOVE that cheeky lil' ant sneaking off with a huge slice of watermelon!! And the BEST news is, he's a FREEBIE from MelJen's blog, so even if you don't have something suitable to use, you can grab this fab image for free and join us!

He is of course coloured with Promarkers and one of MelJen's wonderful images. I found my BPs from various sources, Pink Petticoat included, which is where the sentiment is from too.

Here's a close-up of the shaker...I used the punched out bits from one of my border-punches to make the seeds!!!

I'm loving my black gingham ribbon atm, so watch for it popping up on several of my cards in the coming weeks! I also decorated inside my card...


Ok, so if you want to join us for the Watermelon challenge, we'd LOVE to come visit your blog to see what you create :D

I'm going to enter a few challenges with my watermelon shaker card:
Thanks for popping by!

14 comments:

Lori said...

Very cool shaker card. The ant is adorable and your sentiment is very clever! Thanks so much for playing along in the Catch the Bug Challenge this week. Good luck in the prize drawing and I hope you'll join us again.
Lori

Stephanie said...

This is adorable-love the seeds in the window..Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug!

Dawn said...

Love how you used the cut out bits for your melon seeds!
Good Luck in your chalenges hunni!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ali, what a fun card. I love the cute image and the matching sentiment is brilliant. Great shaker and I agree the gingham ribbon is stunning. Have a great day. Hugs, Denise x

Mandy said...

Beautiful fun card,love the way you have made it into a shaker card....
Mandy x

Nikki Byrne said...

Fabulous card and shaker ;o)

Thank you for joining ust at OSAAT this week. Hugs

Nikki DT

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,love the colors,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week,hugs cherylxx

Courtney said...

Ali...This card is sooooo cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

Courtney~

sallysbitz2 said...

Ali, I just love this shaker card x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card. Love the image & colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card. Love the image & colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

Shelby said...

What a fantastically cute idea with the shaker and this card is so delightful!! Great job and thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty, good luck and hope to see you again soon.

Shelby

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful summer Card !! Thanks for joining in our Challenge.
hugs
tina46
EAC-DT