Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 21 August 2011

Shake It On A Sunday !!

** UPDATE **

I made TOP 3 at Crafty Ann's with this card...I'm so chuffed!

Morning folks, it's Sunday (again!) which means time for a brand new Crafty Pad Challenge! We had a mammoth number of entries last week, and it was sooo hard to pick my faves, there were so many! I do hope I have the same 'problem' again this week !!

Our theme this week is to make a
SHAKER CARD
I do LOVE shaker cards, they are so effective! Here's mine.

Our sponsor is once again the very generous Joanna Sheen with a £10 gift voucher to spend in her online shop.

The DT have all chosen their own image from Crafty Pad Designs this week, I chose to use the cupcakes from the Complete Cupcake Set. I used the layer elements for dimension and coloured them with Promarkers. I added a little strawberry to the top of each one, which I cut out from some spare DP.

My papers are all from The Creative Cottage Strawberry Garden collection. Sadly The Creative Cottage closed down in June, so these papers are no longer available. They have been matted onto black card, to give definition.
My sentiment is also from The Crafty Pad Designs, you can get it HERE.
Onto the shaker itself. I cut the shapes using my nesties, and filled it with a selection of tiny flower beads and pearls.

I added some tiny strawberries and gems to the border, and a little gingham bow. My finishing embellies are some Baker's Twine, gingham ribbon, a flower made from the DP and some corners, again made from spare DP.
The DT have made some fab samples yet again this week, and each one of us used something different inside our shaker, so do go and get some inspiration...not forgetting to leave some love of course!

My card was made with the following challenges in mind:

16 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fantastic shaker card Ali ! I love those papers and the tiny flower beads are too cute ! Never seen them before ! How is Lonzo doing in her cage ? Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Dazie said...

Gorgeous card, I really must have a bash at one of these types of cards! Love the colours and the cupcakes of course!

Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away this fortnight.
Dazie
x

Dawn said...

Another great card Ali! I love the little flower beads you've used in the shaker!
Good Luck in your challenges
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jan said...

I love your card it's gorgeous xx Jan

Jacq said...

Hi there,
Such a Beautiful card!!!! Love the scrumptious little cupcakes you've used, the dp, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishemnts are fabulous. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining in with us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

joy said...

WOW - love those shaker beads! Beautiful colors and a fun card. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

paper fun said...

Beautiful card and such a great shaker card.

Thanks for joining our cupcake challenge at Craft YOur Days Away.

Mari

Jen said...

Great shaker card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Melissa Bove said...

Super SWEET card!! Love the cupcakes and the shaker!! Fabulous! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Debbie L said...

Gorgeous card Ali - I do love the contrast of the black on this one - it looks fantastic :D Good luck in your challenges xx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Gorgeous card and I love those yummy cupcakes.

Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

Hugs Sarahxx

happyglitzygirl said...

What a great shaker card, wonderful colours. Thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

Diane said...

Your shaker card is so cute Ali !! Love it !!

hugs Diane xx

Maureen said...

Super cute - I love shaker cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

Catherine said...

Nice card Ali, I've never made a shaker card myself. Love all the little flowers, very cute :)