Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Friday 19 August 2011

BBQ Birthday Card & GOOD NEWS for Kitty!!

Happy Friday folks, and thank goodness it's a bit brighter out there today! I'm here to share a card I made a while back for my nephew's birthday, AND to share some good news about my little kitten, Lonzo!

First, the card.
This fab image is from Nitwits 'All Fired Up' collection. I printed it 3 times and layered sections up to give a real 3D effect.

The DPs are digital, purchased from Cardmaking Downloads, called Gingham Backing Papers, Beach Colours...there are 8 different colours for just £1. I matted and layered them up on matching cardstock, using a layout I made up as I went along! The sentiment was created in Word, and cut with my grommet tags.
I secured it woth some tiny button brads, added a couple more elsewhere on the card, some Baker's Divine Twine and some card candy to complete.

I also decorated the inside using the pieces of DP I had left over.
I made this card with the following challenges in mind:


And NOW....Lonzo!
Firstly, thanks so much for all the kind words and well-wishes, you really are so sweet!
She's home! :D Had a call from the vets, and to cut a long story short, they only got as far as the anaesthetic because she had an adverse reaction and they couldn't do the op! The vet did assure me he was confident the break was stable and will heal quickly as she's a kitten, so sent her home for cage-rest with painkillers. She's not enjoying the cage (understandably) but they were ADAMANT she must stay there, and not climb etc. So, happy to have her home....fingers crossed she heals well.

19 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Great news! Wish I could give her a cuddle...ha!
Love the card....what a great one for a boy....show me a boy who doesn't like FOOD....especially a BBQ!

Sue said...

I love your yummy card, perfect for our summer theme and they are my kids 3 fave things on your card ;-)

thank you for joining us at MMCS

sue
xx

Cards By MI said...

Good news about the your kitty. I keep my fingers crossed. Great card too.
xxMarie

Catherine said...

Oh Ali I am so so happy Lonzo is back ! I've got a cat and I can imagine how difficult it must be for her to stay in a cage but it's for her own good, just a shame she doesn't know it ! Your card is so yummy, I love all the elements ! Have a great week-end with your sweet little cat ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Rainbow Lady said...

Mungo Jerry takes me back a bit... great card too. Thanks for singing along
Love Cynthia x

Nannieflash said...

What a fabulous card love the cake it makes me feel hungry. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Hazel said...

Brilliant card for a young man! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

C said...

Now that gingham looks good enough to eat! Great birthday card for a guy!

Deb said...

What a yummy creation, thanks so much for joining our 'anything goes' challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time--Have a great weekend
Debs
xxx

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Debbie said...

Ali love, love this card. The detail and layout are fantastic. :) :) Bradley is sure to love it. :)
And poor wee Lonzo - aww, but at least she is young and should heal well.

Debbiexx

Made by Mandy said...

Ooh this is a lovely card, so colourful and bright. Love the tiny button brads, soo cute.

Good news on your kitty, hope all goes well for the poor little one.

Thankyou for another great entry into our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Dawn said...

Great card Ali & great news on Lonzo!
Yay!!!
Good Luck in your challenges!
Hugs
Dawn xx

ElizabethR said...

Made me hungry with this one! Great card thanks for sharing at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Karen W said...

Great card and wonderful take on the Creative Belli challenge!

Jen said...

Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Debbie L said...

Great card Ali, makes me feel all summery again even if it is raining again :( lol xx

alethea said...

Fab card!! I'm sure Bradley loved it!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! Hugsxx