Happy Friday folks, and thank goodness it's a bit brighter out there today! I'm here to share a card I made a while back for my nephew's birthday, AND to share some good news about my little kitten, Lonzo!
First, the card.
This fab image is from Nitwits 'All Fired Up' collection. I printed it 3 times and layered sections up to give a real 3D effect.
The DPs are digital, purchased from Cardmaking Downloads, called Gingham Backing Papers, Beach Colours...there are 8 different colours for just £1. I matted and layered them up on matching cardstock, using a layout I made up as I went along! The sentiment was created in Word, and cut with my grommet tags.
I secured it woth some tiny button brads, added a couple more elsewhere on the card, some Baker's Divine Twine and some card candy to complete.
I also decorated the inside using the pieces of DP I had left over.
I made this card with the following challenges in mind:
- Paper Crafting Journey #17 - Anything Goes.
- Rainbow Ladies Challenge #166 - Song of Choice (In the Summertime' by Mungo Jerry.)
- Creative Belli #124 - Gingham.
- My Mum's Craft Shop #19 - Summer Time (who doesn't fire up the barbie in Summer!?!)
- Simon Says Stamp - Food & Drink.
- Cards For Men #17 - Anything Goes.
- Paper Pretties (Monday Challenge) - BBQ or Picnic.
- OSAAT #75 - Anything Goes.
Firstly, thanks so much for all the kind words and well-wishes, you really are so sweet!
She's home! :D Had a call from the vets, and to cut a long story short, they only got as far as the anaesthetic because she had an adverse reaction and they couldn't do the op! The vet did assure me he was confident the break was stable and will heal quickly as she's a kitten, so sent her home for cage-rest with painkillers. She's not enjoying the cage (understandably) but they were ADAMANT she must stay there, and not climb etc. So, happy to have her home....fingers crossed she heals well.