Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Scrap That!!!!

Welcome to Wednesday, already halfway through another week.....the summer hols are just galloping by! :(

The good news is that we have a new challenge over at FOR FUN and a new sponsor too.....I am very excited to announce that we have none other than Sylvia Zet's WEE STAMPS as our sponsor! If you don't know her work, (where have you been!?) you simply MUST go and see it.....you are going to fall in love at first sight!



Our challenge this week is to create a SCRAP PAGE that shows FUN!

The lucky winner will receive 3 digi images of their choice from the Wee Stamps Shop!

Now, if I'm honest, I'm really not a scrapper, in fact I've only ever made cards, but a challenge is a challenge, and as part of the DT I had to rise to that challenge!! Here's what I made:



It's a 12"x12" page of my daughter, Zoe. I chose 4 photos of her, all from fun times over the last couple of years...blowing bubbles in Nanny & Grandad's garden, riding her bike, playing on the beach, and at my sister's wedding. I used nesties and tag grommet dies to cut the shapes. And then, the clever bit! I printed my Wee Stamps images, kindly provided by Sylvia for our challenge, directly onto Safmat (by Letraset.) I also printed the text and some dandelion seed images onto the Safmat too. Cut around the section you want, peel off the backing and apply to wherever you want it! If you look carefully at the image below, you can JUST see the light reflecting off the fairy image next to the photo, but to all intents and purposes, once it's stuck on, it's virtually transparent.

I then added a few paper flowers, some brads, a border down the left hand side (that went on first actually!) and some corner flourishes to complete the page...not bad for a first attempt, even if I do say so myself!!!

So, if I can do it, so can you!! Challenge youself if you're not a scrapper, and if you are, what better excuse to create a new page!

I am going to enter the following challenges:
I do hope you will come and join us at FOR FUN CHALLENGES this week...thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous page Aqualeiga...lovely photos,and showing off on her bike...now that brings back memories.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ashley said...

Great page! I like the way you used the stamps and highlighted Zoe's name in the center. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!

~Ashley
LM DT member

Kathy D. said...

So does it mean you will be scrapping more? I think you did a great job. I like how it looks like the stamp outline is printed on the paper.

Helen Dooley said...

Great job Ali! Thanks for all you do.

Denise Pustelniak said...

You did such a good job on this one, I think you should do more! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Pattie said...

Such a fun layout! So glad you could join us in the Tea Room this week!

Unknown said...

wonderful LO hope you will do scrapping again :0) thanks for sharing at TioT x

Dawn said...

Great layout Ali & Fab pics os Zoe! Now you've started you may as well carry on & Do an album!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cazro said...

I love to see a scrapbook page in our Anything Goes weeks. A beautiful page too. TFS with us at TIOT. Caz

Debs said...

Fab fun LO!
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Mummylade said...

What a brilliant layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww so lovely :-) Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-)

claire7q said...

Oh my, just clicked the link to the Wee Stamps site - I think I just blew the food budget for next week ;)
There's a little something for you on my blog btw :)

cheryl said...

oh really love this its just gorgeous great colors and image on this bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxxx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

A very colourful creation, Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie DT

Kos med papir og saks said...

what a fun and colorful page. love it

thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Evanna said...

What a FUN page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lasting Memories!

Beverley said...

Great layout. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x