Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Thursday 25 August 2011

I'm a Guest Designer at Michelle Perkett Studios

Hi my friends, today is a special day for me as I am the Guest Designer at Michelle Perkett Studios. It is a bitter-sweet moment if truth be known, as I am their final GD as the challenge blog is closing down, and this week's challenge is their last.

I am really sad to see the end of the challenge blog, but so pleased that Michelle will be continuing to create her wonderful images and selling them in her Etsy shop.

I used the beautiful image called 'Air' one of the elements images to create two different cards...one using soft pastels and the other bold brights. Here they are:

Soft Pastels Card #1 - A Spring Card


I am entering THIS CARD (#1) into the following challenges:


Bold Brights Card #2 (a 6" scalloped square card)
 



My DPs are all freebies from magazines by Pink Petticoat and Kate Knight. I used Promarkers to colour both images, and everything else is from my stash.

This week's final challenge at MPS is 'Thank You' ... I do hope you will be able to join in and bid the mermaids a fond farewell.

I am going to enter THIS CARD (#2) into the following challenges:

Before I go, I'd like to say hello and give a big wave to my latest followers: Crafty Chris and Jemima's Gems (no link that I can find...) Thanks so much for joining me on my crafting journey.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both your cards!! Thanks for being a guest DT. I'm sorry to see it ending too! Shelley

Catherine said...

Your cards are gorgeous Ali ! It shows that with different colours the same image can look completely different ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Carol Hurlock said...

What a great way to showcase this image in bold and pastel. They are both gorgeous. Your cards look amazing. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Challenge. It is a pleasure to come and visit and see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Dawn said...

Aww Ali, I'm sooo happy that you at least got to do a GD spot with Michelle Perkett!
I know how much you love her images & I was horrified for you when I saw the challenge blog was closing!
You did an awesome job with this image! Good luck with the challenges!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Winnie and Patty said...

What a pretty and bright card! Love the bright vibrant colors!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Ali, you're such a faithful participant at MPS and JSL! I'm also sad to see the MPS challenge blog come to an end, but so glad you were our final GD!!! Your cards are so beautiful. Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Ali, I love it!!!
Thank you for joining us this week @ Digital Tuesday!
hugs

Debbie L said...

Stunning cards Ali, they truly are gorgeous and so different. Brilliant examples for your special MPS GD spot.

Big hugs and good luck in your challenges :)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Both of your cards are absolutely wonderful. Love the way you embossed and then distressed the red piece on the 2nd card. Thanks so much for playing in our JUST SOME LINES challenge this time:)

paige said...

Two terrific cards! Totally different feel with the two very different color combos. (I like the bright bold one best!) Thanks for joining us at SRU!