Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 7 August 2011

Going Fruity!!!

Yes folks, that's the theme of this week's challenge #133 at THE CRAFTY PAD.

Going Fruity!

We want to see fruit on your creations...apples, oranges, grapes, lemons, watermelon (did you know that this last Wednesday was watermelon day...?)...you choose!

The DT have all created using the wonderful Berry Sweet Strawberries available from The Crafty Pad Designs.

This week, I decided to make a bookmark for my mum, who loves to read, especially when she goes away on holiday in the summer.


I do love these little bookmarks, they are so sweet and easy to make....if you fancy having a go at making one, then check out my tutorial HERE. I went for vibrant green and red with a splash of black. I added gold stickles to the strawberries (which were coloured with Promarkers) then mounted them on a nestie cutout and decorated with some pearls.


 The little flower is made with a punch, as is the border at the base of the bookmark.


 I added a wide red organza ribbon and a thinner black gingham one too.

This pic shows how the bookmark works...simply slip it over the corner of the page you need to save...job done!

I nearly forgot! This week's sponsor! Well, actually, we've got TWO sponsors :D
Letraset are giving away a 5-pack of Brights Promarkers

Are offering the winner their choice of 3 digis!

We do hope to see you join our Gone Fruity! challenge this week, and if you need more inspiration, please go over to the challenge blog and check out the fab DT creations.

I am going to enter a few challenges with my bookmark:
Oh yes, I must give you a laugh...just after I made this for my mum, she phoned me, very excited, to tell me she'd treated herself to a Kindle!!!!! PMSL! Oh well, I'm pretty sure you can't use one of these with a Kindle..........  ;P

12 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I'll have it....me....me....ha!
I've received two of these as gifts, and I LOVE 'em!
You made this beautifully.....your mum will still treasure it....or ya can send it to me....did I already say that?

Doreen said...

This ois a gorgeous bookmark.xxx

Dawn said...

Lol! If your mum doesn't want it I'll join the queue! It's fab Ali!
Good Luck in your challenges!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lisa Jane said...

Fab little bookmark .. love the juicy strawberries
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Crystal said...

Wonderful little bookmark, I LOVE strawberries! Love the little red hearts and cute gingham ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Those are my favorite bookmarks and your came out beautifully, love the strawberries! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a cute strawberry bookmark! Love the black and white gingham ribbon to go along with the color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Debbie said...

Hi Ali...love the bookmark. I must give your tutorial a go while I'm off work this week. I'm fine thanks...hope you are too. Missing the ATC challenge but looking forward to starting again.
Hugs Debbie x

Darcy said...

So funny about your mom and the kindle! Looks like there are lots of other followers that want your adorable bookmark! Thanks for linking at the Play Date Cafe.

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card,fun shape,love the chain of circles border!

Debs said...

Love these corner bookmarks and yours is gorgeous! Love the fresh fruity colurs.
Thanks for playing 'Don't Be Square' with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Libby Hickson said...

Really love this pretty bookmark - the fruit go perfectly with this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!