Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 28 August 2011

I'm DISTRESSED!

** UPDATE ** 

Yay! This card WON the I Love Promarkers challenge (paper piercing!) ***

Hi everybody, so sorry I'm late today, we decided to come to our caravan for the last week of the holiday and so it was a mad rush to get sorted, packed and away! We've arrived safely, and the first thing I've unpacked is of course....my laptop!!

So, today's new challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD is.....

DISTRESSING & TEARING

Our sponsor this week is the lovely CRAFTY EMMA'S STORE, with a £10 voucher to spend in her online shop.
Well, I can honestly say, this challenge took me WAAAAAY out of my comfort zone! It's not a stlye/technique I'd ever tried, but I wasn't going to let that get the better of me! So, I googled and watched several YouTube videos, and set to work! Here's what happened:


Now don't laugh, this was my very FIRST attempt at distressing, and I think I went over-board and tried to use ALL of the techniques I saw in the demos on this ONE card! My images are of course from The Crafty Pad Designs, Sammy Scarecrow (currently on offer for just 59p) and Albert Diggin' (just 99p)

Inside the card
Definately a 'rustic' feel, and as a dear friend said when she saw it, it does indeed look as if it's been hanging around in the shed for a while! Lol!

Tearing & paper-piercing

The scarecrow was crumpled up then rubbed with a used teabag to stain it. Once dried, I paper-pierced the edges. The 'straw' looking bits are unravelled pieces of string, held in place with card candy dots.


My farmer has been coloured with earthy tones of Promarkers, and inked over before paper-piercing.

Do you like my cabbages? I used my Marianne flower dies to make them!! Not your pretty flowers, but |I think they kinda work...?!


So, lots of tearing, lots of ink, crumpling, paper-piercing, roughing up with the edge of my scissors and rubbing with sandpaper...not to mention the old teabag!!! I did have fun but have to admit its not my best creation, or my proudest moment!! I have made a couple of other cards using these techniques, and I have improved a little ;)

If you want to see some superb examples, then head on over to the challenge blog, and see what the other DT members have made...stunning creations that really do put my effort to shame! We really hope you will join us this week.

Don't forget, we currently have a DT call out too, so pop over and leave us some details if you're interested!

I am going to enter a few of challenges:
Thanks so much for visiting me today, here's wishing you a fab Bank Holiday Monday!

19 comments:

Dawn said...

Aww Ali hunni, it;s FAB! I love those little cabbages soo much! You did a great job!
Good luck in your challenges & enjoy your week at the caravan!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

katesacraftybugger said...

Brilliant card Ali -I love it ! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate

Lorraine said...

I think it's a brill card Ali. You've done loads on it but it all works.

Oh yeah, btw...thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week, lol.

Stempelhexe said...

Woooow, ein tolles Männerkärtchen ist das gewoden, danke fürs Mitmachen bei CUYL.

LG
Ulla

Catherine said...

Gorgeous distressed card! Enjoy the holiday! Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week...

Catherine said...

Great cabbages Ali ! Loving your distressed look on this project.

Julie said...

A fab card, the distressing looks great and I love those cabbages! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Julie W x

Sarah said...

Wonderfully distressed and aged! Love it. Thanks for joining us at CI Paint. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

Nikki Byrne said...

Great card perfect for our challenge here at OSAAT. Good luck. Hugs

Nikki

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog For a Boy or Man Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Ann English said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a great example of multiple distressing techniques! Great job!
So happy you joined us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge!

Diane said...

Glad you had fun making your fab card !! Love your idea with the cabbages !!

hugs Diane xx

Darlene said...

This is so cute with wonderful elements!! Thanks so much for joining our 'Outdoor Fun' challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers. Hope you'll join us again next challenge! Good Luck!

Darlene
WnW DT

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Great imagry! Super faux stitching technique! Great coloring and this is a perfect outside image for the Wags N Whiskers challenge this week and I hope you join us again tomorrow too!
Hugs and good luck,
Tammy Louise

Wenda said...

Great card, thanks for joinging us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Annette said...

Love your shaped card, and the distressing is fab (I'm hopeless at it but your first attempt is great). Thank you for joining in with our 'Anything but a Square' Challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge blog this week. Annette xx

Crafting Misfit said...

This is just plain AWESOME! Love your images, love your distressing!

Thanks for linking up to my show and tell! Remember, every Friday at
my Website we do it again!

Rebecca
"Crafting Misfit"

Love crafts forever said...

This is so gorgeous . Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

XxJULESxX said...

wow this is fab! and love the cabbages!!