Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Wednesday 24 August 2011

'Back to School' with the FOR FUN Challenge

** UPDATE **

I WON at Simply Create with my 'Back to School' card! Yay!

Happy Hump-Day everyone! I am at my mum and dad's on the Isle of Wight with my 3 littlies for a few days, catching up with the family.

Just a week and a half left of the holidays, then back to school for mine, and for most if they've not started back already. So, quite appropriately, our theme this week at FOR FUN challenges is:

BACK TO SCHOOL

Our sponsor this week is Digi Doodle Shop with a $10 gift certificate, and the DT have all used images very generously donated by them.

...Here's my card:


Such a beautiful, wistful image, she's called DAYDREAMER and you can find her and loads of other fab images in the Digi Doodles Shop. She is coloured with Promarkers and cut with a labels nestie. I then inked it up a little to fit the vintage-style I was going for.


My sentiment is computer generated , again slightly distressed.


The papers are digis from various sources, which I distressed with my scissors and inks, matted onto an olive green base-card, and teamed with some Kraft card too. I've added some vintage lace and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, and some posh pins which I made myself...following a tute by my DT buddy, Leesa.


I also added some detail to the inside, including a fabulous quote: 'The Worth of a Book is to be Measured by what you can Carry Away From it.' (James Bryce.)


I do hope you will join our challenge this week, and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspiration too.

My card was made with the following challenges in mind:
See you there!


14 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is stunning x

Hope you enjoy yourself over the Isle Of Wight. As a kid I used to go every year with my grandparents & they ended up retiring there in Nettlestone Seaview. They have now passed, but they loved the island.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte einfach toll.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative-Stempelfreunde.
LG Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hello
your card is stunning; the image is beautifully colored and gorgeous design.
The cards like it very much.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card, love all the details! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create.

xoxo Marjo

Dawn said...

Beautiful Ali! I love that image! Have a fab time on the IOW!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful colour combo, I love orange! ;)
The image is real beautiful and I also love all the embellishments you´ve used!
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge blog and good luck with the Challenge! :)
xoxo
Nina

Nela said...

Stunning card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
xx Nela

Jade said...

I stumbled across your blog and am totally inspired by your ideas :). These are really lovely cards. I will keep checking back for more inspiration soon. x

Bianca said...

A very lovey card! I love the coloration and the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Debbie L said...

Gorgeous card Ali, and what a perfect name for this stamp - she's gorgeous. I do love the soft colour tones you've used and 'grown up' look to this card, it really is top drawer (clever clogs lol). Hope she brings you luck in your challenges xx

Lionelsa said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Kristen said...

Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing in this weeks Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Back to school challenge!

PokSa said...

Beautiful work. Great style.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

kreative basteltante said...

A very lovey card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends
Hugs Manuela