Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Just Because...

A while ago I barely had time to make the cards I needed to make, let alone creating something 'just because' I could/wanted to. But things are thankfully back on an even keel, and today's card is one of those 'just because' creations.


I adore this image as I love poppies...the contrast in colour between the vibrant red and the black seed centres, not to mention my fascination with the wonderfully delicate petals. it is another Stamping Boutique image and has been coloured with Promarkers. The Stamping Boutique currently have a Spring sale on, with $1 off every digital image...a perfect time to stock up!


I do like gingham papers, and in my search for something to compliment the red and black of the poppies, I took the opportunity to use them once again :) I felt the sentiment worked really well for this image. The stopper for this little easel card is made using a Martha Stewart border punch, and I have added a few heart gems and a gingham ribbon.


I will enter my cad into the following challenges:
Thanks for Looking.

8 comments:

Cards By MI said...

A very sweet and lovely card. Love the poppies as well.
Love n hugs
Marie

Kathy D. said...

Hey Ali!! nice to see you. Miss you too. Please come play with us soon. Would love to see your creations again.

Tina said...

beautiful poppies, lovely colors...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Jenn Borjeson said...

Just beautiful, thank you so much for joining us at Just Some Lines! :)

Dawn said...

Ali, this is stunning & your ginham papers are just perfect with that beautiful image!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous poppies Ali!!!

Kelly said...

Wonderful card! I love the red and black together and your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges, hugs Kelly

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks so much for joining in our Photo Inspiration Challenge at Just Some Lines! I love the way you have interpreted the photograph. Good luck in the draw.
love
Jen Leeflang
JUST SOME LINES DT