Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 26 September 2010

Whoopsy Daisy!!

I've had this image for a while and have been itching to use it on a card, and finally managed to do so today!! Isn't she gorgeous? She is a digi download from Whoopsy Daisy Designs.
She is coloured with Promarkers and then I decided to use textures (rather than colour,) so that she wasn't 'lost' amongst a sea of colour.....I wanted her to be the focal point of the card and to stand out.

 I used my 'swirls' embossing folder and cut the embossed piece of card into 3 panels and attached with foam tape to give depth. Then I attached a wide piece of lace vertically down the centre....(I think you can make it out in the photos...?)  I mounted her on some embossed pearlescent paper and onto another panel of embossed card, attached with foam tape. I added some 3D butterflies, a large white feather, some white pearl gems and a sentiment in silver to complete. The only extra colour is some inking to the edges to enhance the depth. 

As you can see, it is a birthday card for my mum (in-law.)
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #102 'Purple & Silver' (the image on the card is purple and the sentiments are in silver.)
I Love Promarkers #33 'White on White' (I hope this counts....although there is a sneaky bit of lilac showing behind the panels....?)
A Pocket Full of Posies challenge #7 'Lavender & Lace'
Colour Create challenge #54 'All White' (again, hope this counts...)
Incy Wincy Designs challenge #60 'All White Except the Image.'

Thanks for stopping by......

Big Smiles, Ali x

12 comments:

Curly said...

Hi Ali
WOW its such a beautiful card the stamp is so sweet and the colouring is lovely, thanks for joining us at SCSC: 102 Purple & Silver Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

Shelley said...

What a gorgeous card, perfect for this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
Thanks for joining in, hugs Shelley xx

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Ali,
The card is beautiful, Love the Image, the lavender suits her really well :) Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Ali.Thanks for sharing at Incy Wincy.xxx

Karen said...

Very pretty Ali, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely card Ali. Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Lorraine said...

Fabulous, Ali. Love that image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the image and your colouring,thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs Liz xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute, lovely image and that feather, aww..... soft and lovely!

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful job with this challenge!!
Thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs, Janiel

Debbie L said...

Too beautiful for words - I adore this card! x