Sorry, it's Friday and I can't help but burst into song, especially one as good as this! I know I'm nuts but I'm sure I'm in good company :P
My mum asked if I could make a personalised new baby card for her neighbour's son, as I made one for their 1st daughter and they loved it...kept talking about it for weeks apparently, and she wanted to do the same for their 2nd daughter, who was born at the end of August. It's been so busy since she asked, today has been the first chance I've had...here's what I made:
I know I've used this image before, but I do love it, I couldn't resist giving it another outing! He's called Baby Roger, and is the handiwork of Helen Laurence. I've given 'him' a pink nappy and am naming 'her' Rosie for this card!!!! She is of course coloured using Promarkers and cut out with a nestie.
I have added a few embellishments...a ribbon, some flat-backed pearls, satin ribbon roses, a gingham padded heart, and one of my homemade posh pins (I am loving these atm!)
I used the computer to make the sentiments using the font 'Pooh.' I used a corner punch to round off the corners.
I wanted to make it special, and so I also decorated the inside to match.
I made the card with the following challenges in mind:
- Aud Sentiments #36 - Card/Sentiment for a Girl.
- Pixie Dust Studio #91 - Baby Boy/Girl.
- Truly Scrumptious - Decorate the Inside of Your Card.
- Your Next Stamp Challenge #50 - Song Inspiration (my song is 'Baby Love' by the Supremes.)
- Deep Ocean Challenge #7 - Hearts (Padded gingham heart, heart flat-backed pearls and a tiny heart on the bear's foot!)
- IDIC #71 - Girly Girls.
Thanks for dropping in...here's to a great weekend :)