Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Sunday 8 April 2012

Mmmmm! Die-Licious!

Happy Easter Sunday everyone! I hope the Easter Bunny was generous when he hopped past your place, and you are going to enjoy a day of crafting and chocolate!

Today at THE CRAFTY PAD we have a brand new challenge for you. Challenge #165 is *drumroll*....

Die-Delicious!

Yes folks, we want you to use some DIE CUTS on your creations. As I make way more girls'cards than boys, I decided to challenge myself and create a guy card. Here it is:


It's a 6x6 Kraft stepper card base from Docrafts (Papermania.) The mega-cute image is called Bradley on Toy Horse, and is available from The Crafty Pad Designs. I used some digital papers by The Creative Cottage called 'Wild West' (sadly no longer trading/available.)


  I coloured Bradley using Promarkers to co-ordinate with the DPs.

The first die-cuts I have used are my Sizzix Fun Serif Alphabet set to cut the word 'Howdy.' Behind the letters you can see some Bakers Twine. The  'Fabulous Fella' sentiment ticket is also a Crafty Pad one :)


The second die cuts are my Cuttlebug stars, which I have also embossed and inked.
I then added some garden twine for a rope and some Card Candi.
Our sponsor this week is Crafty Emmas Store with a prize of £10.00 to spend in her shop.
http://www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

I do hope you will pop over to our challenge blog and enter this week, and also check out the rest of Team B's creations on the challenge blog.


 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

24 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab, funky card. Love it.....

Catherine said...

This is such a great card Ali ! I love the image and the embellies ! So cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Ros said...

This is wonderful ... love all the details and of course that cowboy hat! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB

pinky said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink..
Pinky

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Ohh Ali! It is always a pleasure to see what you have been up to. You really rocked this challenge this week. There is so much excitement and texture to this card it really is amazing! :) (hugs)

Marjo said...

What a fabtastic fun card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations INk.

hugs, Marjo

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww this is gorgeous. Love the image and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight.
Diane xx

Elizabeth Cooper said...

Oh, how adorable! I love the step-card design, and of course, your lovely use of kraft. :-) Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers this week!

Sarah said...

Fab card, love all your detail and layout, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah.

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a fun card for a boy! Love the cute image. TFS.

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a spectacular card hun, love the entire layout and style,thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy's digi days, and good luck,
hugs sandra xx dt

Hazel said...

This is a wonderful creation - thanks for sharing in the 'natural materials' challenge at Paper Creations Ink, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Spyder said...

Yeee Har! or something like that! Not made one this shape yet.Lovely card! thank you for your comments on my shaker card, I do love making them!
(Lyn)

Unknown said...

What an cute card. That image is adorable.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

pinky said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining us at LCI this time.
Pinky

Cathy Lee said...

Adorable card, Ali. I love your cute image and awesome step card. Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion Challenges this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Sylvia x said...

Lovely bright colours and the dots are just perfect for our challenge at Poodles Parlour

Good luck

Sylvia xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the colour combinations and that cowboy is just adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers!!

Suzanne Bier said...

What a super cute little cowboy card! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers this week! :)

Melissa S. said...

How cute is this? I love the card design and I will have to remember this. Don't you just love Kraft cardstock? Thanks so much for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

Melissa S. said...

How cute is this? I love the card design and I will have to remember this. Don't you just love Kraft cardstock? Thanks so much for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

StephG said...

what a cute card! He's adorable! love how you wrapped the twine and added the stars!

thanks for playing at Drunken Stampers...hope to see you again for the next challenge!
hugs,
Steph

Pat said...

Yee Haw What a cute card. Love what you did with the twine. The image is soooo cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Julia said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!
Hugs,
Julia