Lol! Here's a card I made for my littlies to give to DH on his birthday next week.
It's a tri-shutter card. I printed the DP straight onto cardstock, and edged cut the shape using a template from Craftystash (you MUST go and check out the fab templates and other goodies for sale over there!) I inked the edges and added some faux stitching with a pen. I used an adorable image called Patchwork Pig from The Stamping Boutique and paper-pieced each of the 3 copies using gingham and solid DPs.
I used foam pads to give them a little dimension. I made some little triangular flags/bunting in matching DP and used foamies for these too (I did intend to string them across the top like bunting, but there wasn't enough room!)
the little sentiment at the top says 'HOGS & Kisses' and at the bottom 'From Your 3 Little Piggies!'
I added some buttons and die-cut corners to finish. My daughter (Zoe) laughed like a drain when she saw it, and kept 'explaining to me' the 'hogs' instead of 'hugs' pun...like I hadn't noticed or had done it by accident or something!!!
Here's what it looks like from a bird's eye view:
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
- Charizma Cardz #14 - Fancy Folds.
- Delightful Challenges - Stitching (real or faux...mine is faux.)
- Southern Girls #42 - Fancy Folds.
- Digital Tuesdays #155 - Birthdays.
- Sassy Cheryls #110 - Anything Goes.
- Critter Sketch #110 - Critters (hope my piggies count?)
- Catch the Bug - April Anything Goes.
Thanks for looking.