Today I have made my mum's birthday card.....it's next Saturday and I didn't want to do what I usually do and leave family cards til the last minute.
I knew I wanted to use a girly image, but also wanted to use vibrant colours. Here's what I did......
The image is a digi called Fearne (sorry but I can't remember where she is from....thought it was Pollycraft but can't find her there....)and has been coloured with my Promarkers. I don't have all that many (yet!) so I did the best I could to match the colours to the DP, which is Dovecraft 'Wild Blossom' by Kate Knight.
I went over her wings and picked out details of her dress with a Sakura Stardust Clear Star pen.
I cut a glittercard border circle using my nesties, and because I loved the backing paper so much, I didn't want to cover most of it up, so placed the image to the LHS. I added some punched leaves and corners too.
I cut out some flowers from the DP and distressed them, then double-layered and finished them off with some Stickles in the centre. The spotty ribbon, sentiment and card used for the matting are all from my stash. I die cut the 'm-u-m' letters, and the butterflies which are double layered, and placed them so as not to cover too much detail of the DP.
I am really pleased with how it has turned out, the only thing I might change in hindsight, is to turn the image so that she is facing the left, rather than looking 'out' of the card.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- The Crafty Pad - 'Something Girly.'
- Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - 'Use a Forgotten Stamp' ('Fearne' has been sat on my hardrive since I bought her ages ago, but never used!)
- Cute Card Thursday - #148 '1, 2, 3 challenge' (1 image, 2 flowers, 3 butterflies - 2 die-cut, 1 on the BP!)
- DYSU - #3 'Pink.'
- OSAAT #46 - 'As You Like It!'
- Quirky Crafts #2 - In the Spring Garden.' (I have used a fairy....what girl doesn't believe there are faries at the bottom of the garden!!)
- Totally Papercrafts Challenge #50 - Add a Heart (mine is a very subtle one....on the end of the fairy's hat!)
- Crafty Emmas #20 'Angels & Fairies.'
- Simply Create #35 - Use Your Punches (I used my butterfly punch.)
- Delightful Challenges - Celebrations (birthday.)
- Digi Doodles #43 - 'Anything Goes.'
- Stampin' Royalty #55 - 'Anything with Wings.'
Thanks for popping by!