Live, Laugh, Love...CRAFT!!!
Life's Too Short for Housework!!!



I am so pleased you found your way to visit me...I do hope you see something that makes you smile.



My Fab Followers and Blogging Friends

Monday 19 March 2012

Time to share another card (well, 2 cards actually) with you! I know, I'm gone for months then you can't get rid of me, posting every day!!!

Today I've got two cards made using Nitwits Collections goodies, no digi stamps, but some gorgeous digi papers and graphics that I've layered up.


The first was a birthday card for my mum, using a collection called Pinky Swear. I also made a coordinating insert. The sentiment reads...'So Special All Ways...Always.'


I will enter this card into the following challenges:

The second was a birthday card for my Niece, who is mad about owls, made using a collection called Summer's End.


I also made an insert for this one too...


The photos don't give a true representation of the colours, which are so pretty in both collections.

Here's a different view to give you an idea of the 3D effect...


I will enter this card into the following challenges:
I am pleased to say that both cards were well received, and I enjoyed doing something a little bit different :I tend to opt for digi stamps coloured with Promarkers without even thinking about it, but this reminded me how much I used to enjoy this technique for my early cardmaking.

Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Another two stunners Ali!
Variety is the spice of life as they say!!
Good luck with thise challenges!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sheryl said...

Love the colours and softness of this card. I'm sure your niece will love it!. Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

Unknown said...

The owls are so cute!! By popping up with pop up dots really give them a 3D effect and makes them "alive". Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

Teresa Jaye said...

awwwwww! Your work is precious! I just love the soft muted colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

happyscrapper said...

Delightful. The nitwit collection is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Delightful Sketches

Stampalicious said...

very nice, love it, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week , hugs, martina

Catherine said...

Oh your two cards are so so sweet Ali ! Love the little characters and the soft colours ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Judith said...

Two pretty cards - love the colours - its nice to ring the changes isn't it - sometimes you can even suprise yourself hugs judith x

Cards By MI said...

Very lovely Ali. Good to see you back in crafting again.
Love n hugs
Marie

Nikki said...

2 very beautiful cards thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week hugs Nikki & DT

DesignerDiva said...

These two cards are soooooo sweet and cute! I love nitwits
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for Pami's 'Special Lady' challenge and good luck
Laurie x

Star said...

Beautiful cards! I love the soft colors. They are both lovely inside and out! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop!

xx Star